Monday, January 7, 2008

Poem

The Chosen One - Author Unknown

I had a dream the other night
It came to me so clear
I stood before the throne of God
Afraid to come too near

God said to me "I hear your prayers"
There's answers you can't find
I asked you here to talk to me
And help to ease your mind

I said, "Well yes God, I am upset"
About my special one
This punishment is awfully harsh
What ever have I done?

God looked at me and shook his head
and said you've got it wrong
I sent this special child to you
because you are so strong

I searched and searched to find someone
With love so rare
A parent so unselfish
That could give that special care

I try and save my special gifts
Like those you're speaking of
For special kind of parents
I call the "Chosen Ones"

Of all the ones to choose from
think this I have done
A parent who deserves the best
An honor you have won

No comments: