Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gotcha Day two years later!!

Just over two years ago, we traveled as a family of four, to become a family of five. We spent three weeks in a Country filled with a large language barrier, communism, and major religious differences. But those three weeks were some of the best weeks of our lives. The whole reason we went was to get my little sister, and my parent's daughter.

Now, two years into the future, we're a happy family of five. God has blessed us with an amazing sister/daughter. Nan Qi Huan, or Hannah Mei Joy Williams is hard to describe, because there's not enough words to accurately describe her. She is almost always happy, and always full of energy. Her vocabulary has quite literally EXPLODED. She comprehends EVERYTHING, and she can even hold a legitimate phone conversation with someone. We just recently got her into gymnastics (the first lesson was a little rocky, as she was really nervous, but she's doing great now!), because she's constantly climbing, jumping, rolling off things. I, as her big brother can't wait to see what God has planned for her life. Whether that be the....*counts the years*....I believe 2024 Summer Olympics for gymnastics, or something else, I can't wait to see her succeed at whatever makes her happy. She's already blown my mind with all that she can do at three years old, I can't wait to see what she does as she grows up.

3 comments:

redkitchen said...

Congrats on your two year Gotcha Day anniversary! Time flies, doesn't it?

ali_moran said...

Congratulations on your gotcha day!! Our son from Korea has been home almost 3 years. I wanted to say that I love your blog! My husband and I are in the process to adopt a girl from China with a cleft lip and or cleft palate. It is so nice to see her progress!! She is beautiful!!

Alison

ali_moran said...

Congrats on your gotcha day anniversary! Our son from Korea has been home almost 3 years now! Time goes by too fast!

I love your blog! We are in the process to adopt a girl from China with a cleft lip and or palate.

Your daughter is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!
Alison :-)