Saturday, May 14, 2011

Struck a nerve

My sister in law sent this to me today.  She is at a conferance and thought I would like this.   I love it!!!!! It is about being responsible FOR verses being responsible TO.....

When you are responsible FOR others you: fix things by protecting, rescuing, controlling, carry their feelings, not listening: feel tired, anxious, fearful, liable: concerned with finding a solution, answers, circumstances, being right, knowing all the details: are manipulators and expect others to live up to my expectations

When you are responsible TO others you: show empathy by encouraging, sharing, confronting, listening, being sensitive, you feel relaxed, free, aware, high self esteem: concerned with. Relating to others and their feelings, you are a helper and a guide.  You believe if I just share myself, the other person has enough to make it and I expect the person to be responsible for himself and his own actions.

Some good stuff!!!!!!!!

No comments: