Sunday, December 18, 2011

DJ

We had make one of the hardest decisions this morning!! Jake woke up to DJ having a seizure.  Then he continued to have them.  By the time we got to the vet DJ had about 12 or more seizures.  The vet is pretty sure he had a brain tumor.  We had to have him put down.  It is one of the hardest things as a mom to stand there helpless and watching my son say goodbye to his best friend.  Jacob had this dog since he was in 2nd grade.  DJ was is buddy.  They played football together, ran on the beach together,  slept together.  DJ was by Jacob's side ALL the time.  You know that the day is going to come when you have to make those hard decisions, but you are never ready for it.
DJ you were the best dog ever.  You are going to be missed BUNCHES!!! We love you dude!!!  March 2000 to December 2011
Best Friends!!

Jake & DJ always had a high five thing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your family had to lose such a loving friend. It reminds me of the cocker poodle we had. He was my baby until he got cancer. He was 16 years old. I will keep your family in my prayers for a quick healing.

-Janie-
JadedRain