Monday, November 7, 2016

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

It seems that life has been so fast paced lately, that we forget to take some time to detox from the hustle and bustle of life. Yesterday afternoon I found a craft project that I bought in the dollar section for Hannah to do last year for Thanksgiving.  Well why not do it a year later RIGHT?  As we go through our everyday routine with our kids I think we forget how much technology is around them.  I know if we didn't put time limits on Hannah she would be on her IPad all day long.  Yesterday was a semi no tech day around here.  Hannah was able to have her IPad to listen to music, but no games.  I have to say she looked at me kind of strange when I ask her if she wanted to paint a turkey.  When she opened the package up she was all smiles with the little paint brush and paints.  She had so much fun learning how to paint and creating what her turkey was going to look like.  I think we need to do our kids a favor once in awhile and take the technology away and teach them something new and fun.  I know I had fun helping her and watching her imagination run wild with creative.  During this time it also gives our kids a chance to just talk, sing and express what they like. I think we will be having more of these afternoons at our house!

No comments: